t3knoid

ProductFullVersion property

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:27 pm

In the past, I had set the ProductFullVersion property so that the installer executable file version property shows this value. However, an installer that I have written using version 14.7 doesn't seem to show this value in the executable's file version property that it creates.

I'n my build script, I use the following command to update this property before performing the build:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 14.7\bin\x86\AdvancedInstaller.com" /edit Installer.aip /SetProperty ProductFullVersion=1.0.0.1234

Has something changed since version 11.1 for this to stop working?

Catalin

Re: ProductFullVersion property

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:33 pm

Hello,

I have tried to reproduce your scenario, but I could not replicate the behavior. Here are the steps I took to reproduce it:
1) Created a project and added a .EXE file to it.
2) Created the "ProductFullVersion" Property in "Install Parameters" page with, let's say, the value 1.0.0.1 .
3) Went to "Files and Folders" page, and in my application's property page, under the "Version" tab, I have checked the "User Specified" option and in the field I have introduced the property that I have earlier created (ProductFullVersion).
4) Build the project.
5) Opened a new command line where I have edited my project by changing the "ProductFullVersion" property.
6) Rebuilt the project using the /build command line.
7) Checked the .aip to see if the version was changed and indeed it was changed. I have done this by going to "Table Editor" page --> "File" table --> the version is the same as the one specified in the command line.

Should I be looking for something else ? If this is not the scenario you meant, can you please give me more details (maybe exemplify / screenshots) so I can further investigate ?

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”