velja

The application ran into a problem that it couldn't handle

Hello,

I have existing setup project (msi/exe) and I wanted to add MSIX/APPX build as described in this short video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Ooxt29kqU. Trying to build it fails with unhandled exception. Exception details are attached.
Attachments
ai_error.txt
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Daniel

Re: The application ran into a problem that it couldn't handle

Hello,

I am not so sure why this happens. Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

If you cannot share with us your project file, then you can try to isolate the behavior in a buildable sample (.aip + its referenced files) which we can build and test on our side.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
velja

I will send the project file and the installation log.
Daniel

Hello Velja,

Thank you for your sent setup project.

We finished investigating your setup project and it seems the related build error occurs because your MSIX/APPX build does not have any language selected for. I am not sure how your project reached this state. If you could send us a setup project (AIP file) which successfully builds and a test case we can follow to replicate such a corrupted state of the project where it no longer builds successfully this will be very useful for us.

Anyway, to fix your setup project you should just proceed like this:

1. open your setup project in Advanced Installer and go to "Translations" page
2. in the top menu bar select the "Translations" tab and inhere select your MSIX/APPX build (just scroll down the build list box)
3. now in the right pane select a language for your MSIX build (e.g English (United States))
4. rebuild your setup project

and now the build should run fine.

All the best,
Daniel
velja

English United States was selected already. Additionally, I checked English UK sub-item and it is building now.

Project went through upgrade from AI 14.2 to 15.1.
MSIX/APPX build was already there in 14.2 version and it was failing with different error (Something about [|Manufacturer] if I recall good). I didn't want to complain about it since it wasn't last version, so we bought the subscription, updated AI, project was auto updated and it ended with error mentioned in first post.

I am leaving for vacation. If I get a chance I will search for older project in SVN. If not I will do so when I get back. Feel free to remind me after Aug 15th.
Daniel

Thank you for your follow up on this. Have a pleasant vacation.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel

Hello,

We have just further tested the scenario you last posted and we were able to replicate the issue. Thank you very much for helping us to isolate this issue. A fix will be implemented in the next version (15.3) of Advanced Installer.

Thank you once again.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Common Problems”