Kevin2341

Advanced Installer not installing IIS

I have an application I'm making an installer for that requires IIS to be installed. In my project, I have currently set up a Feature Bundle in the "Windows Features" under the "Prerequisites" tab. In this Feature Bundle, I have enabled it for Windows 7-10, and Server 2012-2016, and I have "Internet Information Services" checked. My website is all configured under the IIS tab, as far as I know. When I go to run my installer on a fresh Windows 10 VM, I get this error,

"<Application Name> cannot be installed on systems with Internet Information Services version lower than 7.5."

I have been dealing with this for a few hours now and haven't been able to figure out what I am doing wrong. If I manually install IIS on the machine, the installer progresses as expected, but I need this to be done automatically with the installer. Can anyone provide some insight as to how to fix this?

Photo of my prerequisite setup: https://imgur.com/a/gmKMjoJ
Catalin

Re: Advanced Installer not installing IIS

Hello Kevin and welcome to our forums,

When a new website is created in the Advanced Installer project, an IIS launch condition is automatically enabled in the Software tab from the Launch Condition page. Since you made sure that IIS is enabled on the target machine, via Windows Features, can you please try to uncheck / delete the launch condition we have mentioned above and see if that helps ?

If that still does not help, can you please send us the .aip (project file) and a "verbose log" of the installation by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings?

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Nerdiculous

I too have an application I'm making an installer for that requires IIS to be installed. In my project, I currently have "Web Server (IIS)" in the "Windows Server Roles" under the "Prerequisites" tab. My website is configured under the IIS tab. When I run the installer on a fresh Windows Server 2016 VM, I get the following error at the beginning of the "Configure Internet Information Services" step,

"This version of IIS is not supported or IIS is not fully installed !"
"You need Internet Information Services 5.0 or above."
Nerdiculous

I was able to resolve this by moving the IIS installation to Windows Features from Windows Server Roles.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.67 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
Catalin

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Thank you for your followup on this and for sharing your solution with us.

I am glad everything is working as expected now.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”