srikanth4sree

Upgrade issue- Update instalation Failed

Hi Team,

while upgrading older version to new version is failed.
also attached the update files and error file.

Thanks
Srikanth
Attachments
Updates.aiu.txt
(362 Bytes) Downloaded 241 times
upgrade.PNG
upgrade.PNG (15.54 KiB) Viewed 3115 times
updater.ini
(437 Bytes) Downloaded 234 times
Eusebiu

Re: Upgrade issue- Update instalation Failed

Hi Srikanth,

From your configuration files I see that you changed only the fourth field of the Product Version for the upgraded version of your product, so this may be the cause of your problem.

Please note that the fourth field of the Product Version is ignored by Windows Installer when comparing product versions. This is why you should make sure the first three fields of your upgraded Product Version have an increased version than those of your old Product Version.

When the first three fields of the old and upgraded Product Version are identical, then the upgrade installation will either fail with "Another version of this product is already installed" message or will be installed side by side with the old version (when using different Product Codes).

If you want to change only the fourth field of the Product Version, you can implement the solution described in the "How do I remove the old version when using the fourth field of the Product Version" FAQ.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
srikanth4sree

Hi Eusebiu,

We are assign same steps in my project.Please find attached project file for your reference. Any way we are using 12.8.
Please let me know any details needed.

Thanks
Srikanth
Attachments
baseR4_Latest.aip
(136.06 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Eusebiu

Hi Srikanth,

The update configuration file that you attached in the first post, the "aptenv.exe" file found under APPDIR is used as a detection criteria, but I cannot find this file in your project. Furthermore, when an upgrade is installed correctly, but the error from your image is still displayed by the updater, it means that the detection criteria is not configured correctly.

Please read the "Why do I receive the "Error: Update installation failed. Some of the updates failed to install properly" message" FAQ for more details.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”