PhilB

vector<T> too long

I get this error when attempting to open an advanced installer enterprise project file that was built with Version 11.0 using Version 15.2.
I can open it using version 13.6 and 14.0 so can probably get there in two stages but I'd prefer not to do this for every project that I have to upgrade!

Any ideas?

Phil
Daniel

Re: vector<T> too long

Hello Phil,

I am not sure why this happens. Can you please send us the .aip (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
PhilB

Project file sent.

Regards,

Phil
Daniel

Hello Phil,

Thank you for your sent project file. After further investigating it we found out this issue occurs due to an Advanced Installer bug. Advanced Installer fails to successfully convert project files saved with old versions of AI (e.g. 11.0) that contain pre-install prerequisites and notes saved for those pre-install prerequisites. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A fix will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer.

We will update this thread as soon as the fix will be out. Until then as a workaround you can proceed like this:

1. open you setup project with old version of AI (i.e. 11.0)
2. go to "Prerequisites" page and select the "View" toolbar tab
3. click on [Notes] toolbar button and delete all the note entries added for the pre-install prerequisites
4. save the project and close it
5. open the project with AI 15.2 and save it; now add again the pre-install prereq notes and save the project

I will also send you by email a copy of your sent setup project fixed by using the above workaround.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel

Hello,

This was fixed in version 15.3 of Advanced Installer released on September 12th, 2018.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Common Problems”