jjorian

Rebuild Setup for existing

I Create a application in c# .net and create setup with AdvanceInstaller Thanks,
my current version is 3.2.2.0 and build a Setup File and install on winows that is ok

i have many minor change in my app these are small and release my project in VS .Net with new Version Number in Thired
when i up version to 3.2.3.0 from Assembly Infromation and Release back to AdvanceInstaller Project say to me

Then I Select Keep existing and keep Product Code,Upgrade Code.

and than Build a new Setup and go to Setup Folder and Run new Setup File
i have this Error Message :

why????
Catalin

Re: Rebuild Setup for existing

Hello and welcome to our forums,

This error occurs when you try to install two packages with the same Product Code, but with different configurations on the same machine.

Please keep in mind that a patch means the diff between two different versions. A patch can not be installed alone, it can only be installed if the previous version is already installed on the machine. In order to create a patch, you need two different versions of the same product, which have the same ProductCode. Let's say you have version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1, having the same product code. If version 1.0.0 is installed on the computer, the version 1.0.1 can not be installed due to the fact that the two versions have the same Product Code.

In order to avoid this, when you are prompted to generate a new Product Code, click on the "Generate New". That way, you will create a Major Upgrade. A major upgrade means the removal of the older version of your product and the installation of the newer version.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”