Daniel

Re: Advanced Installer 15.2 regression bug: Custom Action "Hide program window"

Hello,
digocesar wrote:I'm testing this fix with Advanced Installer 15.5.1 and my installation is waiting indefinitely when starts a Launch File action.
I had unchecked the "Hide program's windows" and could see that the prompt executions was finished but the install process do not continue with the installation.
Hi, we are experiencing the same issue with both versions 15.5.1 and 15.6. The custom action is configured as in picture
Thank you for sharing with us your custom action configuration settings. I have tested this scenario and I was able to replicate the issue. Indeed it seems the installation process waits indefinitely even after the custom action execution finishes.

Thank you for helping us to isolate this behavior. We will further investigate this and try to add a fix in a future version of Advanced Installer. When a fix will be available we will update this forum thread.

Until then, as a workaround you can disable the "Enhanced User Interface" feature or you can try to create another custom action implementation. For instance you can try to write your custom action implementation in C++ / C# /VBS or any programming language you are familiar with.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
vcorazza

Btw, is there a way to duplicate entire folders during install process? I know there it is a duplicate file action in files and folders, but it is not possible to duplicate entire folders. It would be useful.
Daniel

Hello,

Currently we do not have a folder duplication built in support. The only way will be through a custom action implementation. I have added this on our improvement list and hopefully it will be available in the future.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”