timmangan

InitTrialReturn

I upgraded to 15.2, and also upgraded Visual Studio to 15.8.1, and the licensing module seems to no longer be working. The call to InitTrialReturn() does not return, terminating the application.

Are you aware of any issues, and do you have advice on how to troubleshoot since I can't run the debugger? I have verified the location of the issue using messageboxes.

I did have a similar issue on rebuilding in the past, see viewtopic.php?t=35615 but this time the license information in the AIP looks normal.
timmangan

Re: InitTrialReturn

Well now the license key is trashed again. See attachment.
Attachments
screenshot from AIP
screenshot from AIP
BadLicense.PNG (20.56 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
timmangan

I do have a backup copy of the AIP file, although it is an older one and many installer changes have been done since then.

I can copy the LibraryID from the old one but past is not allowed in that field. Would it be possible to do something similar to the XML directly?

<ROW TrialwareName="Trial" …/> has a different password and private key in the older file. would copying these two values into the new file be recommended?
Daniel

Hello Tim,

I apologize for the delayed reply. This is quite strange. It will be very useful for us if you could somehow identify any pattern or test case which could lead to such corrupted key.

Also, please send us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com the current copy of your setup project and an old one with the correct license key so we can investigate them (and also try to fix the corrupted one).

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”