john.mertus

Incorrect path when Launching the final program

I am using Version 15.3 (36112661F6) professional

The exit dialog has a launch program check box.
The launch works as expected.

However, in a clean install on a new machine, a prereq is run. This prereq adds to the PATH system variable,
%CommonProgramFiles%\MTI Film\Intel
The preq creates and updates this directory.

if I launch from the ExitDialog, the first time, I get a missing DLL because it cannot find the directory for the preq. The path that is correctly added after AI exits, isn't added for the launch.

I then added the directory to the path in the main install. No difference.

If the preq has already been installed; e.g., the system path is correct, the launch works fine.

My solution was very ugly, I created a bat file that launches a new bat file without a command window, sets the path and runs my main program with the correct path. However, this is quite ugly and should not have to be done.

So am I missing something or is this a bug.

Thank you
Catalin

Re: Incorrect path when Launching the final program

Hello John,

Of what type is the prerequisite that is installed (pre-install, feature-based, post-install)? If the prerequisite is of "Post-Install" type, your scenario will fail because "Post-Install" prerequisites are actually feature-based prerequisites which are launched after your main installation, which means that the directory created by your prerequisite does not exist at that time. They are also handled by the installation user interface.

Let me know if that helps! If no, please give me some more details about your scenario.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”