matfu2

Altering assembly name of Office Add-In

I am currently evaluating AdvancedInstaller and would like to ask for your help. I am currently trying to build a setup file for an Office add-In. This add-In offers a COM visible interface so it can be called by other Office solutions like VBA. For this to work, the VBA macro needs to know the assembly name. Yet the assembly name of the setup file built by AdvancedInstaller differs from the one built by Visual Studio (ClickOnce). AdvancedInstaller uses the following assembly name: [Manufacturer].[ProductName], while the one in Visual Studio is a custom one.

Is there any way to alter the assembly name so that it matches exactly the one as defined in Visual Studio?
Daniel

Re: Altering assembly name of Office Add-In

Hello and welcome to our forums,

This could be done by editing the "Name" attribute of your assembly defined in "Assemblies" page of your setup project.

Let us know if this helped, otherwise please give us more details about ho do you install your assembly.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
matfu2

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

I think you mean something different. I'm referring to the name (program Id) of the add-In as it appears in Microsoft Excel. This very Id is necessary for other Office solutions to call my VSTO based add-In. Please have a look at the following Screenshot:

Currently the information provided in "Product Details" is being used.
matfu2

Apparently it's the value of the registry key "FriendlyName".

So the problem is solved :-)
Daniel

Indeed I was referring to the case when you want to register an assembly file for .Net by using our "Assemblies" page.

Thank you for your follow up on this and for sharing with us the resolution.

Certainly this info will be useful for future customers facing with the same situation.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”