sonda

Registry key search not found

I have registry key,

and i' creating search registry key exists,and i have test search and i can see that it returning correct result:

but when i set condition in lunch condition, and start installer i always receive that key pop up is lunched that condition is not satisfied :

Any suggestion why?
Attachments
reg.jpg
reg.jpg (32.26 KiB) Viewed 8075 times
res.jpg
res.jpg (153.36 KiB) Viewed 8076 times
Catalin

Re: Registry key search not found

Hello,

From what I can see in your screenshots, you are trying to search for a key in the WOW6432Node.

"Registry key exists" type of search should return "1" when the registry key exists, so the condition you are using is good.

Can you please make sure that, in the "Search" page, you don't have the "Search the 64-bit portion of the registry" checked?

As you may probably know, the WOW6432Node key is used to present a separate view of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE for 32-bit applications that run on a 64-bit version of Windows. When a 32-bit application queries a value under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\<company>\<product> subkey, the application reads from the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\<company>\<product> subkey.

If the "Search the 64-bit portion of the registry" is checked, your search will be invalidated.

Let me know if that helps!

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
sonda

The application that insert registry is 32bit,and registry is correct. if i check Search the 64-bit portion of the registry then the search will not return results since it will search for 64bit app. and will not find registry entry (and that is also true) .

With this what i want to achieve is if registry exist (that mean my 32bit app is installed), the installer can continue, if not then installer should finish.
The main question that bothered me is that condition pop up is always showing and installation fails no matter that registry is there.

Although the search condition return that registry exist and and lunch condition says search_property="1" the installation fails (show pop up ), i expect since the registry is there the installation to continue.
Catalin

Hello,
The application that insert registry is 32bit,and registry is correct. if i check Search the 64-bit portion of the registry then the search will not return results since it will search for 64bit app. and will not find registry entry
This is why I said that you should not have that option checked.

Can you please attach a screenshot of how you are configuring the search from the "Search" page?

Kind regards,
Catalin
sonda

Hi Catalin,
images are below:
img01.jpg
img01.jpg (67.39 KiB) Viewed 8040 times
img02.jpg
img02.jpg (28.03 KiB) Viewed 8040 times
sonda

I can send you a simple project, and reg file, if you like.
Catalin

Hello,

Unfortunately, I can't figure out anything wrong with your settings from the previous given information.

A sample project which reproduces the issue would be just great!

Kind regards,
Catalin
sonda

Here is test aip
reg-search.aip
(36.26 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
Regards
Catalin

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your sent project, it was helpful.

I have tested this again and indeed I was able to reproduce it using Advanced Installer 14.9.

This seems to be a bug in what regards a .EXE setup which has custom launch condition/s based on a registry search, which has been fixed starting with Advanced Installer 15.0.1.

The workarounds to this are:

1- Go to "Prerequisites" page and uncheck the "Check predefined launch conditions before searching for prerequisites" option.

2- Upgrade to a newer Advanced Installer version (>= 15.0.1).

3- Change the "Package Type" to "Single MSI" from the "Builds" page.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Catalin
sonda

Hi thanks for effort, we have updated version and now is ok.

Thanks
Catalin

Hello,

You're always welcome!

I am glad you got this working!

All the best,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”