levent.nehemias

Dialog based on condition

Hello,

i have 3 custom dialogs in installers, and based on conditions i need to handle the visibility of these,

say for eg: i have 3 check boxes in first page, if all of them are checked then i need to show the 3 custom dialogs,
if only 1st check box is checked then i have to display only 1st custom dialog as next page.
if 1st and 3rd are checked, then i have to display 1st custom dialog and 3rd dialog as sequence.

i tried using condition in "Show only if" option on right click dialog in all 3 custom dialog with condition.

but it is not working of more than two dialogs need to display in seqeunce.

Please let me know
thanks
Daniel

Re: Dialog based on condition

Hello and welcome to our forums,

To achieve what you need you should just follow the approach exposed by my colleague Mihai on "Always Custom in Professional setup" thread.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
levent.nehemias

Hello Daniel,

thanks for your reply,

i tried the way you mentioned, but i cant give all condition in expression, and there is a limit in condition, due to this i cant give my full condition.

is there any way to achieve this?

thanks
Daniel

Hello,

Indeed, unfortunately there seems to be some glitches in our Show Only If condition designer and what you are trying to achieve seems unsupported by our "Show only if" support.

The only workaround solution I could think of will be to try developing your own HTML based dialog by using an HTML host control.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”