alfonsochap

Translations after first install

Hi,

we have an issue with the installer language. We have setted the user interface language like that:

https://imgur.com/a/VzTgPot

With that, we run the installer in japanese, and after installation, we run it again, but texts are shown in english, so it is not getting the previous version's language.

How could we fix that?

Thanks.
Kind regards.

Alfonso Chaparro.
Catalin

Re: Translations after first install

Hello Alfonso and welcome to our forums,

I have tested your scenario and everything worked just fine.

In order for me to further investigate this, can you please give me some more details (maybe exemplify)? For example, what options have you chosen from the "Translations" page --> "Options"? Is it "Create separate packages" or is it "Create separate packages and a multilingual package"?

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
alfonsochap

Hi Catalin,

thaks for your help. In that option, we have chosen Create only a multilingual package Could it be the cause of the issue?

Anyways, if we set the option to Create separate packages wouldn't it create one installer file per language? We want to have it in just a single file (we have 12 languages in our product)

Thanks for your help.

Regards.
Alfonso Chaparro.
Catalin

Hello Alfonso,

I am afraid I do not fully understand your scenario. Can you please give me a detailed test case (step by step) used to reproduce this behavior?

Also, can you please share with me a copy of your old and new (upgraded) .AIP by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further investigate this?

All the best,
Catalin
alfonsochap

Hello Catalin,

this is the scenario:

We have one installer, which has translations to many languages. The first time we run it, it shows the OS current language strings in all screens. Then, after the installation is done, if we run the installer again, it shows the english strings in all screens, whatever the OS language is. So, why is not getting OS language after first install?

We have just one .AIP file, it is not an upgrade case. Is the same installer which shows OS language strings the first time, and english the others.

Thanks.
Regards.

Alfonso Chaparro.
Catalin

Hello Alfonso,

This may happen due to a Windows Installer engine limitation.

Can you please try the following and then retest your scenario:

-Go to "Product Details" page --> "Product IDs" tab and there you can notice that every language has its own "ProdcutCode". Please change their product code so that there will be a single "ProductCode" for all the languages. For example, double click on the first language, copy its product code and then replace the other languages product code with that.

Please let me know if this helps. If not, please send us a copy of your .aip (project file) by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further investigate this.

Kind regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”