IIS

Abdul-Rahman

IIS

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:40 am

Hi guys,
Does anyone know if IIS sites that you deploy during installation should be reinstalled if you repair the program you installed from control panel or not?
mine is not at the moment ,if you know how to achieve that please respond.
Thanks,
Abdul.

Abdul-Rahman

Re: IIS

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi guys,
I have found that I can change the condition of AI_IIsInstall for this in the table editor in "InstallExecuteSequence" ,and setting the site name and port to persistent properties ,If I install product v1.0 and delete the site manually and press repair it works fine ,meaning the site is restored but now I have another problem which is that on an upgrade these two persistent properties get set to their original value which is 0 and not the values I set them to ,which gives me the error "Cannot connect to network location 0" ,meaning that IIS can't find the site 0 with the port 0 , so can anyone from the tech support team please tell me why the persistent properties get reset to their default values after an upgrade ?
any help ?
Thanks ,
Abdul.

Dan

Re: IIS

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi Abdul,
Does anyone know if IIS sites that you deploy during installation should be reinstalled if you repair the program you installed from control panel or not?
mine is not at the moment ,if you know how to achieve that please respond.
Use the following recommended condition so that web sites can get removed or installed during maintenance depending on how the user sets their feature states:

Code: Select all

(!WebSiteFeature = 3 AND &WebSiteFeature <> 2) OR (&WebSiteFeature = 3)
Where WebSiteFeature is the identifier of the feature containing the web site's resources.
please tell me why the persistent properties get reset to their default values after an upgrade
I've just tested this and everything seems to be working fine. The persistent properties are correctly set during the upgrade process.

In this case, please send me a sample project that replicates this behavior and your current project file that you are using among with a verbose log of the installation process. You can send them to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further investigate this.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”