Zsolt Kollarits

*IMPORTANT* Some files are missing after upgrading the product

Dear Advanced Installer Support Team,

One of our customer reported a serious problem with our Installer: he noticed that some files are missing after he upgraded our product to a later version. We managed to reproduce it, indeed, some of our files are missing after the upgrade.

Note: Files are missing only if we update the old product to the new. In case installing the new product on a clean system, the files are all there.

I'm sending you some attachment via email, including the 2 affected .aip files, 2 logfiles (clean install or update) and some filesnames which are missing.

Please handle this ticket as a severa one if possible, because we have to understand why those files are missing.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Zsolt
Eusebiu

Re: *IMPORTANT* Some files are missing after upgrading the product

Hi Zsolt,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I looked over the files that you send and noticed the following warning in the update log file:
Disallowing installation of component: {A55F27DC-7FD1-4EE5-8F0E-9196558C1338} since the same component with higher versioned keyfile exists

For more details about it and a solution to your problem, please read the "Why do one or more files disappear after an upgrade is performed FAQ.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Zsolt Kollarits

Hi Eusebiu,

Thanks you for your answer, that was helpful!

Best regards,
Zsolt
Eusebiu

You're welcome Zsolt. I'm glad it helped you.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”