Zsolt Kollarits

Warning 4154: What is wrong with our prerequisite condition?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:13 pm

Dear Advanced Installer Support Team,

Something is wrong or partially wrong with one of our prerequisites´ condition. Could you please take a look at our .aip file that I´ll send over to you?

I´ll also send an executable you can use for reproduction, please perform the following steps:

1. Install the executables with default feature selection.
2. Confirm that Microsoft ODBC Driver 13 is still missing in Control Panel/Programs and Features -> it´s ok
3. In Control Panel/Programs and Features right click on our application -> Modify -> select the Replication feature and install it -> ODBC Driver 13 should be installed along with that feature.
4. Confirm that ODBC Driver 13 prereq is still missing -> that is the problem

Note: If you install the Replication right in the beginning, at Step 1, the ODBC Driver 13 is also installed. It´s missing only if you add that feature in Maintenance mode of the installer.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Zsolt

Eusebiu

Re: Warning 4154: What is wrong with our prerequisite condition?

Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:49 am

Hi Zsolt,

Indeed, I'm afraid that a feature-based prerequisite cannot be installed in Maintenance mode because of a limitation to this support. An improvement for this is already on our TODO list which we will try to add in a future version of Advanced Installer. We will update this thread when it will be available.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Zsolt Kollarits

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:11 am

Hi Eusebiu,

I just noticed if I start the Installer in Maintenance mode with Admin privileges, then the prereq condition is evaluated as per expected and it is installed without any problems (no error dialog appeared). So it seems to be something is wrong with user rights. Can it be the case? Do you have any suggestion?

Best regards,
Zsolt

Zsolt Kollarits

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:24 am

We have very, very similar issue than this one:
viewtopic.php?t=19814

Do you know by any chance if that was solved or not?

Eusebiu

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi Zsolt,

The problem discussed in the other thread was related to a registry entry that was not found by the installer after the prerequisite installation, so it displayed the warning message thinking that the prerequisite was not correctly installed, however the prerequisite was installed.

In your case, the warning message is displayed because the prerequisite is not installed at all. This happens because of the limitation I mentioned above.

It seems to work with the admin privileges because the EXE setup is launched in maintenance mode by double-clicking it, not the MSI package. However, when the "Change" option is used from the Control Panel, the MSI package is started.

What you can try, is to go to the "Themes" page, "Settings" tab of your project and select the "Always" option for the "Enhanced User Interface" feature for the builds that contain the "ODBC Driver 13" prerequisite. In this case, the EXE setup will be launched from the Control Panel too, but I cannot guarantee that this will solve the problem.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Zsolt Kollarits

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi Eusebiu,

You suggestion really did the trick, our wizard is being started with UAC even from Control Panel now -> this means prerequisite condition check will work -> this means the prerequisite is properly installed.

However we think this is an "unnecessarily big" change comparing to the size of the original problem (missing prerequisite). If we remember correctly you mentioned that you know about this issue already and it´s on your TODO list? If so, then we probably use you suggestion as a workaround for now, but we´d still waiting for your proper fixture.

Best regards,
Zsolt

Eusebiu

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi Zsolt,

I'm glad this trick worked for you.

Indeed, the problem is not solved yet, so we will still investigate and fix it in a future version. We will update this thread when the fix will be available.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Zsolt Kollarits

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:40 am

Dear Eusebiu,

I know this thread pretty old, but do you think this was fixed already in one of your recent AI versions?

Thanks in advanced!

Best regards,
Zsolt

Eusebiu

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:30 am

Hi Zsolt,

It seems that this issue was fixed long time ago, in version 15.7 of Advanced Installer, but we somehow missed this and did not announce it here. Reinstalling a prerequisite on "Repair" of the main package should work now.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Common Problems”