thestrup

GRP_USERS doesn't set permissions for Users group

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Using AI 12.6
I'm in a situation where I need to use the localized string for the Users group and I've found out that the [GRP_USERS] should do the trick.
However when I run the installer, the permissions are not set and I'm not able to access the created folder (in ProgramData) after install without using my admin permissions.
Previously we used Users (without the localization) and that worked fine as long as we stayed on English windows.

I've created a verbose log and will send that as well as the ai file to you separately.

Best regards
Søren

Eusebiu

Re: GRP_USERS doesn't set permissions for Users group

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi Søren and welcome to our forums.

This seems to happen because the project is upgraded from an old version of Advanced Installer where those properties were not translated automatically.

However, in order to get this to work, you can go in the "Permissions" tab of one of your folders, remove the permission that uses the [GRP_USERS] property, save the project, then add that permission again and rebuild the project.

Let me know if this helped.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

thestrup

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:50 am

Hi Eusebiu

I tried updating our AI to version 14.3 and then removed and re-added the permissions as suggested. However it doesn't seem to do any difference.
Instead of adding permissions for Users it seems to add the permissions for BUILTIN.

Best regards
Søren

Eusebiu

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi Søren,

I'm not sure why this happens. Can you send me again your updated project with a verbose log of the installation, so I can investigate them?

Best regards,
Eusebiu

thestrup

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi Eusebiu

I managed to find the problem. By creating a new small project with just single folder and trying to set permissions and that I got it to work and then I could compare the project files with my original project. It turned out that the line <ROW Action="AI_ResolveLocalizedCredentials" Sequence="51"/> was missing and after having removed, saved, restarted and re-added I somehow got it added to the original project also.

Thank you for the help :)

Best regards
Søren

Eusebiu

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:43 pm

You're welcome Søren. I'm glad you solved the problem.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Common Problems”