Kevin2341

Installing Windows Features progress bar?

I'm installing some windows services, including IIS, with my installer. Right now it seems like it takes most machines around 5 minutes or so to install all of the packages that are needed, however the progress bar on this page never does anything until it's complete. I had some internal testing on the installer earlier this week, and people commented that they thought the installer was frozen and I told them just to be patient and wait it out. I saw this post, viewtopic.php?t=26718, which seems to explain my same issue. Has there been any progress on this? I'd prefer to have something showing something that at least indicates progress or that it's still working.
Daniel

Re: Installing Windows Features progress bar?

Hello,

I apologize for the delayed reply. Unfortunately this limitation was not fixed by now yet.

As a workaround you could try to implement the approach from our "Display User Friendly Log" article or the one from "Configure progress bar for total progress" forum thread and see if this helps.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Daniel

Re: Installing Windows Features progress bar?

Hello,

This was fixed in version 16.2 of Advanced Installer released on August 1st, 2019.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”