chrisell

Newbie - got stuck at 601 server response

Hi
I'm an AI newbie but I'm starting to find my feet. I'm having an issue with a server side serial number authentication though. I have a serial number page included in my installer, I have a working SQL database and PHP responder on my site. When using the compiled installer, if I put the wrong serial number in, I get the 602 message with the information that the code wasn't valid. However if I put the right serial number in, I get a popup dialog with '601' in it (the code for "correct") and an 'ok' button. If I click 'ok' I just see the serial number entry dialog and clicking 'next' does nothing. I know this will be something simple but I can't figure out why my installer won't proceed if the serial number is correct. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Daniel

Re: Newbie - got stuck at 601 server response

Hello and welcome to our forums,

This could happen if you deleted or edited some of the published events of the [Next] button of "UserRegistrationDlg" dialog. Can you proceed like this:

1. create a new test project and enable the serial validation feature from "Licensing" page
2. go to "Dialogs" page, select the "UserRegistrationDlg" dialog and select the [Next] button
3. in the "Published Events" list check the "Show all events" option
4. now make a diff between the published events of the test project and the ones configured into your setup project and see if you could find the culprit

otherwise, please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
chrisell

D'oh. Yep - the 'next' button was missing a couple of events. Fixed it. Thanks for the tip !
Daniel

You are always welcome.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”