NeverUseQ

Repackaging a product with multiple support files

I'm currently working on a project that has a setup.exe file, but also includes a multitude of additional files (required to properly run the setup).

I'm attempting to run this capture in a VM Workstation instance. I can specify the setup.exe, but I can't seem to specify the additional files required for the setup to run. Has anyone had experience with repackaging products like this on a VM?
Daniel

Re: Repackaging a product with multiple support files

Hello,

To got this working you should just make sure that on your host machine the related additional files (I suppose their paths are relative to the EXE root folder) are placed in the EXE root folder at the same paths the EXE is referring them at install time.

Did you try this? If you did encounter problems when using this approach just give us more details about this specific issue. And also about paths of the additional files and how these paths look like relative to the EXE setup you need to repackage.

As a workaround approach you could also try to install Advanced Installer on the related VM and run the repackaging operation locally.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”