woodhoct

Install/Uninstall run as Admin on a VM

Hello,

I am experimenting with using AI Updater to auto-update internal applications. On my local machine, the Updater works great. I am having problems updating on a VM of a typical internal end user.

I am using 15.4.1.

I have "Run As Administrator" checked on Install Parameters for the MSI.

I use SCCM to install my HelloWorld app. Without SCCM, I do not have rights to install.

When I use the same MSI and Update that works locally, on the typical end user VM, I get this error from the Event Viewer:

Code: Select all

Product: HelloWorld -- Error 1730. You must be an Administrator to remove this application. To remove this application, you can log on as an Administrator, or contact your technical support group for assistance.
Is there a way to install/uninstall using Administrator rights? Maybe I am missing a spot to run as Administrator or a setting in "Install Parameters => Installation Type"?

Cheers.
Daniel

Re: Install/Uninstall run as Admin on a VM

Hello,

To get a complete view of your installation scenario can you please send us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com the following resources:

1. the AIP (project file) of your old version of setup project
2. the AIP (project file) of your new version of setup project
3. a verbose log of the upgrade installation

so we can fully test and investigate this?

Also, please give us more details about the installation workflow: for instance old version installed unattended under System account through SCCM, new version launched and installed manually by a standard user account on a machine where the old version is already deployed.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”