nesbot

Launch conditions and Office 365

Hi,

I have an installer with launch conditions setup to detect Microsoft PowerPoint with a minimum version of 2007. I am running Office 365 click-to-run desktop version and my installer detects PowerPoint and runs as expected.

When we tried the installer on a computer with the same version of PowerPoint via Office 365 we got a popup indicating "XXXX cannot be installed on systems without Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 or higher.".

The only difference is my Office 365 version indicates Click-to-run and the instance with the error shows "Microsoft Store" in the version.

Can advanced installer handle these different install methods?
Daniel

Re: Launch conditions and Office 365

Hello,

I am afraid our predefined Office launch conditions check only for the desktop (classic) version of Office. We do not have support to detect the Office 365 Click-to-run instances.

We will try to investigate and search for a way of detecting the Office 365 Click-to-run installed instances and hopefully our predefined launch condition support will cover these scenarios too. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will update this thread as soon as we have an update.

In the meantime if you find any method to detect the Office Click-to-Run instance you could try to create your own custom launch condition for this case too.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
nesbot

Thanks for the response. Interesting. I wouldn't have thought whatever registry entries (or directories) you were confirming would have changed.

If I was to create my own, I think I would have to disable yours and then re-implement it into our new one. I might have to come up with something different. Thanks, I follow this thread for any future enhancements.
Daniel

You are always welcome.

Yes, please do not hesitate to share with us your findings in case you manage to find out a complete solution.

All the best,
Daniel
MDominik13

Does this limitation also prevent the installation of a VSTO add-in for an Office 365 Click-to-Run application? I have been unable to build an MSI to successfully deploy an add-in for Outlook for Office 365.

Thanks,
Mike
Daniel

Hello Mike and welcome to our forums,

No, from what I know you should be able to successfully deploy and register an Office add-in for Office 365 Click-to-Run.

To further investigate your scenario, could you send us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com the .AIP (project file), a downlaod link of its built setup package and more details about the issue you get after installation?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel

Hi,

This improvement was added in version 16.4.1 of Advanced Installer released on October 8th, 2019.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Common Problems”