Codename K

Access rights issues in silent mode?

Hello,

I have set a feature-based prerequisite to be installed. The prerequisite is set to run in silent mode. The prerequisite needs to install certain files to the main installer's folder. This works fine. But if the main installer is set to run as silent using the command "/quiet" then the prerequisite has access right issues. How to fix this?
K
Catalin

Re: Access rights issues in silent mode?

Hello,

First of all, I am guessing that you try to run the whole setup using a command line as it follows:

Code: Select all

msiexec /i "pathToSetup" /qn
If that is the case, can you please try to run the setup from an elevated command line shell and see if that helps? If that doesn't help, can you please give me some more details about what exactly are the "access right isues"?

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Codename K

Hello,

The installer installs a prerequisite silently as a feature-based installation. This prerequisite installs to the same folder as the main installation folder. This works fine in normal installation. But if the main installer is set to install as silent, the prerequisite shows a message saying it couldn't write to the main installer's installations folder.

For example: the folder is called "C:\Abc". The main installer copies the files but the prerequisite installer fails to copy the files to the same folder. This only happens if the main installer is set to run as silent in the "Builds > MSI command line".
K
Codename K

Hello,

I think I found a solution. I moved the prerequisite in the Feature-based to the Pre-install and it worked fine in silent mode.
K
Catalin

Hello,

I am glad you found a solution for your scenario.

Just let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

All the best,
Catalin
Codename K

OK and thank you for your support.
K
Catalin

You're always welcome.

Kind regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”