don_ucw

Silent install with UAC

We are evaluating your software as replacement for ClickOnce and one major feature we are interested in is silent (no GUI) install triggered from our application. Since our install requires UAC we are trying to use your "How to handle updates without Elevation" https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... dates.html

Even though the service is installed, when we trigger an update from our application it runs interactively.

Since we build from a server each night, we use a script to create the Updates configuration file.

A couple of questions:

1. what is the Updates configuration parameter for "install update without elevation" as mentioned in the above web page?

2. how do we triggered the updater from our application so that it will trigger the service and do a silent install? Right now we use the options: "/silentall -nogui -nofreqcheck /runservice"
don_ucw

Re: Silent install with UAC

Figured it out.

Needed to add "Flags = SilentInstall|Advertises" to our updates.txt
TiLt

Hi don, do you know how to do the install to C:\Users\(Current User) folder i am having problems with that one it's actually making the folder (Current User) instead of putting it in the folder of the person logged on to the pc like C\Users\Don if ya get me lol

Thanks.
Catalin

Hello,

I am glad you got this working, Don.

@TiLt, I have answered your forum thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36159

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”