tshakiba

Advanced Installer Update Signed Packages Problems

Hi,
I have used advanced installer to make MSI packages for my application and signed it with a self signed certificate and I forgot to check the "Install only digitally signed update packages signed with the same certificate as the updater" in the updater tab and published my application. Now I bought a valid code sign certificate to sign my packages and want to check the forgotten checkbox mentioned above. The problem is when I try to update my old package with new one (using updater) everything looks OK, but after the first update to the new package there is more than one application with the same name in control panel!!! and with new updates after that the application can not detect update packages and just says the software is up to date. I'm completely confused! What is the problem? Should I force all my customers to reinstall the package again? I have to publish an update package very quickly but I faced with this problem :|
Thanks in advanced.
Eusebiu

Re: Advanced Installer Update Signed Packages Problems

Hi and welcome to our forums.

I'm not sure why you encounter this problem. Can you please send me the two .AIPs (the old version and the new version), the Updates Configuration project and a verbose log of the upgrade to support at advancedinstaller dot com, so I can investigate them?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”