blazba

Folder for feature is created even when feature not selected for install

Having synchronized folder directly in APPDIR and setting subdir on first level as "do not overwrite existing files" will result in creating root synchronized folder even if feature not selected for install.

How to reproduce
Create 2 features and and 2 syncronized folders directly in APPDIR. There should be one folder inside this synced dir and we set it to "do not overwrite existing files". Set each folder to own feature. When installing only one feature empty folder of other feature is created. This only happens in case structure is:
APPDIR/Component1(synced)/config(do not overwrite) => Feature1
APPDIR/Component2(synced)/config(do not overwrite) => Feature2

When Only one Feature is selected for install (for example Feature1) end folder structure is:
APPDIR/Component1/config
APPDIR/Component2(empty)
testInstaller.aip
(16.85 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Eusebiu

Re: Folder for feature is created even when feature not selected for install

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

I apologize for the delayed reply.

I tested the scenario you described, but I couldn't reproduce the problem. Unfortunately, I couldn't test the project you attached because I do not have the resources referenced by the synchronized folders.

Can you send us a zip archive containing the project and the synchronized folders next to it, so I can be able to build the project and investigate the problem? You can send it to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Catalin

Re: Folder for feature is created even when feature not selected for install

Hello,

This was fixed in version 15.7 of Advanced Installer released on February 13th, 2019.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”