jwest

Cannot find and remove a launch condition

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 pm

I have an installer that was originally created with AI 7.5.2 around 2012. I'm currently running AI 12.7.2. The installer has been upgraded over the course of 5 or 6 years and has worked well.

I have a user who is getting the following message:

“XXXX cannot be installed on systems without Microsoft Excel 2003 or higher”

Where XXXX is my Excel add-in package.

I recall adding a launch condition (or prerequisite... I'm not sure which) to make sure that the target system has Excel 2003 or greater installed but I cannot find any launch condition or prerequisite for "Excel 2003 or better" using the UI in AI 12.7.2.

I looked at the XML in the project's .aip file and couldn't find anything related to this launch condition / prerequisite either.

The user is running Office 365 with ClickToRun and I suspect AI 12.7.2's way of detecting Excel doesn't support Office 365's ClickToRun as the registry keys associated with Office apps have changed to support side-by-side installation of multiple versions of Office.

How do I remove this launch condition / prerequisite from my project? Is there something in the .aip file I can remove / edit?

Thanks.

Daniel

Re: Cannot find and remove a launch condition

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Hello,

You should find the related launch condition configured in "Launch Conditions" page (under "Requirements" section in Left Menu) of your setup project. If you do not find this page then you can try to scroll down to the bottom of our Left Menu and use our "Add/Remove" button.

If this is still of no help, then please send us the .aip (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”