don_ucw

Begin Standard Action

I want to run a powershell script prior to the running the installer, so that it can uninstall the previous version of the application IF it was installed with ClickOnce. If the ClickOnce uninstall was unsuccessful, I want to cancel the install of the MSI.

Reading your documentation, and forum posts, it says I should add a custom action before the "begin" standard action. But there is no "Begin" standard action. See this page: https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... tions.html

So where do I add my script?

thanks
Don
Catalin

Re: Begin Standard Action

Hello Don,

"Begin" is not an actual standard action. We have named it "Begin" in our documentation to symbolize the begin of the installation sequence. Since you can add a custom action before the installation starts, it is hard to name a constant action that marks the begin of the installation sequence, so we symbolically named it "Begin".

If you want to run your custom action prior to your running installer, you can schedule it before the "Searches" action group ("Custom Actions" page --> "Wizard Dialogs Stage"). For more information about standard actions, you can have a look on our "Windows Installer Standard Actions" article.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”