sfaust

Spring theme doesn't show up sometimes

I am trying out the spring theme because I like the customizability of the html files. However I'm getting strange behavior. I just created an enterprise project and set it to spring theme. I added one dialog with the html shown in the AI tutorial, then built and ran the project. In general it seems to work, but randomly the dialog other than the header is just gray with nothing on it. If I mouse over where the buttons are then part of it shows up but the rest is still gray. Here is a screen video of it:

https://www.screencast.com/t/efgPmZqs

Can anyone tell me why this is acting this way or what I can do about it?
Catalin

Re: Spring theme doesn't show up sometimes

Hello,

We are, indeed, aware of this issue in what regards the "Spring" theme. We had already investigated this behavior and it seems this is caused by an issue in the IE (Internet Explorer) API that we use to render the HTML content. Unfortunately, there is no fix we could apply to workaround this IE limitation.

If possible, I would suggest avoiding the use of this theme, since, as you could have already seen, it has an unpredictable behavior.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
sfaust

sooo... It's basically an unusable theme? Why is it still in the program then? Is there any way to use html to create the installer look?
Catalin

Hello,

As for now, we could not find a solution to this IE limitation. I have talked to the development team and we will try to further investigate this and see if something can be done in this matter.

I will update this thread as soon as we have a more conclusive answer.

Thank you for your understanding.
Is there any way to use html to create the installer look?
Unfortunately, I am afraid not. Our only HTML based theme is the "Spring" theme.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Eusebiu

Hello,

This was fixed in version 16.0 of Advanced Installer released on May 28th, 2019.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”