Voorhees

Update issue

Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:42 pm

I followed everything to the letter on your website but, no matter what it does not up date correctly. It keeps giving me file size does not match error. Even though that the file size in the configuration txt file and the physical file matches exactly.

I tried every combination of file verification method from using the Registry key, to file version, with and without 64 bit registry, etc..

Yes, I am increasing the version number as well to get it to be newer then what is installed.

Here is some screen shots:

Error I am getting:
error.PNG
error.PNG (3.04KiB)Viewed 1217 times
This is the correct file size:
correctfilesize.PNG
correctfilesize.PNG (2.96KiB)Viewed 1218 times
Here is the copy and past of the update.txt file, I removed the URL on here for security reasons:

;aiu;

[Update]
Name = Portal
ProductVersion = 2.3.0.0
URL = (removed for security reasons)
Size = 123346395
ServerFileName = Portal_Installer.exe
Flags = Critical|Sys64|NoCache|NoRedetect
RegistryKey = HKUD\Software\App Name\Portal\Version (modified for public view but, the "App Name" Is replaced with the real app name)
Version = 2.3.0.0

Thanks for any help provided

Sorry for some of the renaming of some stuff on here, we are a medical laboratory and there is some NDA related stuff. I had to modify the naming of some things to protect that NDA.

Catalin

Re: Update issue

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

In this case, I would suggest rebuilding the Updates Configuration Project and uploading it on the server one more time. After doing so, please make sure that the sizes match.

If this is of no help, please send me the following .AIPs (project files):

- Older version AIP

- Newer version AIP

- Updates Configuration Project AIP

by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further investigate their settings.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”