korr

Re: Reboot required after mssql install

I think you should start with the "Reboot" part below and then maybe try the "Failing install" if that doesnt work.

Reboot - If you've added the SQL install as a pre-requisite, it should have an Options section in the Properties tab of that pre-requisite with the option to "Reboot system after installing this prerequisite".

Failing install - If you've added the SQL install as a pre-requisite, it should have a Main Setup File section in the Setup Files tab, provide a property for "Save return value in this property" and you should be able to have a custom action check that property for the return code. This should be done alongside Properties -> Options -> "Continue with main installation even if the prerequisite is not installed" being checked, as you will now have to check manually.
Daniel

Hello,

@korr: Thank you for contributing to our forums. Nice explanation.

@grinay: As already @korr explained you should try to use the "Reboot system after installing this prerequisite" option from "Prerequisites" page -> "Properties" tab. Also, please note this option is available only for pre-install prerequisites type.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
korr

grinay wrote:As I said mssql after installation return not 0 code. And this confused user about wether installation process finished successful or not. It showz to user error that prerequisites was setup incorrect. How to handle it, I still don't understand.
In the Prerequisites, select your package :

Properties page ->
Select the checkbox for "Continue with main installation even if the prerequisite is not installed" - this will remove the error shown to the user.
Catalin

Hello,

It seems that the OP has deleted this post.

@korr,

Thank you for contributing to our forums.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”