Peakay

15.7 - Repackager not working - Advanced Installer Tools are not running on the guest operating System.

this is the full message
---------------------------
Warning
Advanced Installer Tools are not running on the guest operating system. Please make sure that Advanced Installer Tools are properly configured and retry.
Retry Cancel

this is the output from the Prepare a virtual Machine

Connecting to Virtualization Product
Opening Virtual Machine: "VM41456-Van10-1"
Checking snapshot operations compatibility
Checking network connection
Creating Virtual Machine snapshot: "Before AI Provision"
Connecting virtualization console
Powering on Virtual Machine
Checking VMware Tools on the guest operating system
Logging in to Virtual Machine
Checking Advanced Installer Tools on the guest operating system
Installing Advanced Installer Tools on the guest operating system.
* Please check our setup ISO image is mounted and running and accept the related UAC prompts.

the repackager was working with 15.6, upgraded and now can't use the repackager.
with the process above, I have tried
- removing the AI tools from the Guest OS and used the prepare a virtual machine (existing) wizard. UAC had stopped the process, but ok'ing and clicking retry gave the same message.
- installing the osprovision app for 15.7 prior to running the repackager (without the prepare wizard) - same result
- uninstalling AI and reinstalling - same result
- uninstalling vmware workstation and reinstalling - same result
- using the repackaging wizard to create a new Virtual machine. - same result

host is W10 1803
Guest is W10 1809

in the guest built with the repackaging wizard,
- in the notification area there is an AI icon for "Advanced Installer Remote Tools" version 15.7 build 2d26ed577d
- in task manage there are two background processes running for AI
- - Advanced Installer Tools Core Service (32bit)
- - Advanced Installer Tools User Application (32 bit)
- - vmware tools core is also running.

with the "Create a new virtual machine" wizard, after cancelling, i got another message

"Error installing Advanced Installer Tools on the guest operating system. "
I have attached a Screenshot of the repackager information with the VM in the background showing AI Remote tools are installed. NOTE:- the last thing that succeeded on that process was vmware tools installed and prompted to reboot. I ok'ed the reboot, the guest rebooted, logged in and then it failed.

just about out of ideas, any thoughts? my next step may be to wipe my host and start again.
Peakay

Re: 15.7 - Repackager not working - Advanced Installer Tools are not running on the guest operating System.

Update, I had somebody else try out 15.7 and theirs is fine, so it's just my setup.
Peakay

Re: 15.7 - Repackager not working - Advanced Installer Tools are not running on the guest operating System.

Never mind seem to be up and running now.

manually copied the 15.7 osprovision installer to the newly created VM and installed it, then resnapped ( created by AI repackager wizard) and everything appears to now be working.

just when I was ready to give up, back to it.
Daniel

Hello,

Thank you for your follow up on this. I am glad you got everything up and running.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”