Abhinay

Irrespective of any version installed it should uninstall old version

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:56 am

Irrespective of any version installed it should uninstall old version and then install my new exe, But i get popup saying please uninstall other versions before installing. How to uninstall old versions.
And how do i delete the stuff which i installed in %AllUsersProfile%" while its uninstalling automatically?

Catalin

Re: Irrespective of any version installed it should uninstall old version

Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:49 pm

Hello Abhinay,

In order to achieve this, you can enable the Major Upgrade for your project. A major upgrade is essentially the removal of an older product which is replaced by a newer product. In Advanced Installer the upgrades can be configured from the "Upgrades" page.

A major upgrade is enabled by increasing the "Version" of your application (e.g. from 1.0.0 --> 1.0.1) ("Product Details" page). After doing so, when you will navigate between the pages (e.g. select another page), you will be prompted with the following message:
PC.PNG
PC.PNG (10.08KiB)Viewed 1782 times
There, you need to press "Generate new" in order to generate a new ProductCode for your project. For more information about ProductCode, you can have a look on our "Product Identification (ProductCode and UpgradeCode)" article.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”