sincos2007

I can not repackage pdf printer when I repackage Adobe Acrobat

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:39 pm

The Adobe Acrobat has a component of PDF printer, which can convert TXT or other type of file into PDF format. After I install the Acrobat by official installer, I can found the PDF printer in "device and printer" in control panel.

After I repackage the Acrobat official installer and get converted output installer, I run the installer and after the installation process is over, I can not find the PDF printer in "device and printer" in control panel.

Thanks.

sincos2007

Re: I can not repackage pdf printer when I repackage Adobe Acrobat

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:48 pm

I have tried to remove system64folder/driverstore from exclude list, and in the repackager session, I can see drivers files in the folder of driverstore, but I can not see them in driverstore folder in target computer after I run the installation made by repackager with those settings.

thanks

Daniel

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Hello,

Thank you for using Advanced Installer.

I am afraid I cannot say why this is happening. Please keep in mind that our Repackager tool is designed to be used to get a starting point for your new installation package, not to completely reproduce the functionality of other installation packages.

The Repackager tool captures only the effects of the installation (the changes made on the system). If the original installation package executes custom code (programs, scripts etc.) then only the effect will be captured (registry entries, files and folders etc.). Most of the time, in order to implement in the new setup project the same functionality as the one of the original captured setup, you will have to manually adjust and configure the new setup resources and settings.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

sincos2007

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have not descript my problem correctly.

I have a virtual machine guest, who is running a pure windows 7 activated, I take a snapshot for it.

In VM guest, I install Acrobat, I get a PDF printer after the installation, which can convert txt file to PDF file. The PDF printer is a component of Acrobat installation.

I go back pure windows 7 by snapshot I take, I capture status of system by Repackager, then install Acrobat, and then make MSI file by Repackager.

Again, I go back pure system by the snapshot, I run MSI, after the installation, and reboot, the PDF printer is show status of offline, it does not work.

Thanks.

Daniel

Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:45 pm

Hello,

Could you share with us the Adobe setup package that you are trying to repackage so we can fully test and investigate this on our side too? Just send us a download link for the original setup by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”