arunbalu

"Run PowerShell inline script" custom action fails when installer is run under Windows username containing apostrophe

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:29 am

Problem description
"Run PowerShell inline script" custom action fails when installer is run under Windows username containing apostrophe(').

How to reproduce
1. Create new generic installer project (Professional) using Advanced Installer 15.7 version.
2. Add "Run PowerShell inline script" custom action with sequence. Leave script text as is.
3. Mark Install parameter "Enable verbose logging".
4. Build the project.
5. On computer with Windows 10 64-bit create new user named "Super'User" (contains apostrophe) and login.
6. Run the installer.
7. It fails and suggests to review the log file.

Environment
Attached:
Your Application.aip
The Advanced Installer project file
(13.52KiB)Downloaded 418 times
MSId9338.LOG
The installer log file
(183.42KiB)Downloaded 396 times

Catalin

Re: "Run PowerShell inline script" custom action fails when installer is run under Windows username containing apostroph

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 am

Hello and welcome to our forums,

This issue was already fixed and it will be available starting with version 15.8 of Advanced Installer whose release is scheduled later this day.

Thank you anyway for the detailed step-by-step scenario and also for the provided files.

Just let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Re: "Run PowerShell inline script" custom action fails when installer is run under Windows username containing apostroph

Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:49 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this.

You are always welcome. I am glad you got this working.

Just let us know if there is anything else we could help you with.

All the best,
Catalin

AntoneF

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:03 pm

This still happens as of 16.1 if the usersname has 2 or more apostrophes that are adjacent to one another(IE: B''Smith).

Catalin

Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:30 am

Hello Antone,

I have tested this and I was indeed able to reproduce the issue. I have forwarded this to our dev team and hopefully this will be fixed in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Unfortunately, I am afraid I am not aware of any workaround for this issue.

Also, as soon as the issue will be fixed, I will update this thread.

Best regards,
Catalin

AntoneF

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi Catalin,
Thank you for forwarding this to the dev. It's not nearly as critical as the original problem, just a weird one that cropped up during our testing of the fix. Once we have it in a fix if you could let me know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks Again,
Antone

Catalin

Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:01 pm

You are always welcome, Antone.
Once we have it in a fix if you could let me know, I would appreciate it.
Sure, I will update this thread as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Best regards,
Catalin

mindaugas

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:52 am

Hey, Catalin

Maybe there's some progress or timeline known for the issue to be resolved?

Catalin

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 pm

Hello,

The issue was fixed and is now in the testing phase.

This is scheduled to be implemented in one of the following two releases (if not in 16.4, then it will be for sure implemented in 16.5).

As for a timeline, I can not tell you for sure. However, since we follow an agile methodology, we try to have a release approximately each month. That means that we can say this will probably be implemented by the end of the year.

Best regards,
Catalin

Daniel

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:08 am

Hi,

This issue was fixed in version 16.4.1 of Advanced Installer released on October 8th, 2019.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”