honzajic

Selecting a Feature won't select all Sub-Features when Feature is partially selected

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:03 am

Hi all,

I am experiencing a quite recent problem with the installation package.
I am building a EXE package with a few features but these features also have subfeatures.
But some of them are selected by default, so root level is partially selected.
But when I click on the root node to select all, only first level nodes are selected, second, third are not.

Thanks,
Honza

Catalin

Re: Selecting a Feature won't select all Sub-Features when Feature is partially selected

Tue May 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Hello Honza,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

In what regards the issue you are encountering, I am not quite sure I fully understand the scenario. Could you please give me some more details (maybe exemplify) about what you are trying to achieve?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

honzajic

Re: Selecting a Feature won't select all Sub-Features when Feature is partially selected

Tue May 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Hello Catalin,
thank you for your reply.

Sorry to not being able to understand each other. So let me rephrase it:

I am experiencing a problem which I have not experienced before, I suspect this was introduced this year.
Problem is preventing me to select all features in the installation package at once on Features step in the Installation Wizard I have just built by AdvancedInstaller.
But this happens only when Installer has some of these features pre-selected, so the root node checkbox is in the 3rd state, neither selected nor unselected.

Example:

RootFeature (3rd state)
  • FeatureA (3rd state)
    • FeatureA1
    • FeatureA2 (selected)
  • FeatureB
  • FeatureC (selected)
Clicking on RootFeature won't select all sub-features to be installed, only FeatureB is added, whereas FeatureA1 IS NOT

Kind regards,
Honza

Catalin

Wed May 08, 2019 9:27 am

Hello Honza,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I have tested this and I was indeed able to replicate the behavior. This seems to be an issue in what regards recent versions of Advanced Installer. I have forwarded this to the development team and hopefully this will be fixed in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that the only workaround for this would be to use an older version of Advanced Installer.

Hope this helps somehow.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Eusebiu

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Hello Honza,

This was fixed in version 16.0 of Advanced Installer released on May 28th, 2019.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”