kjullion

Error 4153. Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable mandatory prerequisite was not correctly installed

Hi,
We have one user that is reporting that our installation is failing on a new Win7 HP laptop. No other users are reporting this error.
The error is causing our overall installation to halt, because it's a prerequisite which is failing.

Here is the MSI log file entry:
=================================
(SERVER) MSI (s) (4C!B0) [12:52:45:250]: Product: MyProduct -- Error 4153. Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable mandatory prerequisite was not correctly installed.
(UNKNOWN)
(UNKNOWN) CustomAction AI_VerifyPrereq returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
NOTE: Look at few lines above for clues on error
(ERROR) Action ended 12:52:45: AI_VerifyPrereq. Return value 3.
=================================

Can you suggest what can be done to get passed this error? I have looked online globally and on this site and don't see anything that points me to this being a known problem.

Thanks,
Kevin
Daniel

Re: Error 4153. Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable mandatory prerequisite was not correctly installed

Hello Kevin,

This could happen if the install conditions (you can check this in "Prerequisites" page -> "Install Conditions" tab of your prerequisite item) are not fulfilled after the prerequisite is installed on the related system. Maybe you can manually try to install the prerequisite package and check to see if the conditions are valid on the related system.

Also, as a workaround, you can configure the setup installation to continue the install process when the prerequisite installation is not completed. Just check the "Continue with main installation even if the prerequisite is not installed" option from "Prerequisites" page -> "Properties" tab of your prerequisite item.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
kjullion

Re: Error 4153. Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable mandatory prerequisite was not correctly installed

This was fixed, when the user that got the error was upgraded to have Administrative access to their local machine.
Catalin

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your followup on this and for sharing the solution. I am sure this will be of help for further users facing a similar scenario.

I am glad you got this working.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”