nitin.mishra

AI not reading new dlls from jenkins

Hi,

We are using AI with Jenkins for a .NET ( WPF) application. Whenever we have a new dll generated from jenkins , AI does not include that dll in the generated package(MSI). We have to create project AIP every time to fix this. The issue comes up everytime we have a new dll( or project) added to solution.

Note:- We do have "rebuild" as additional command in jenkkins
Eusebiu

Re: AI not reading new dlls from jenkins

Hi,

I'm afraid that I do not fully understand your scenario. Can you please give me more details (maybe exemplify)? How and when is a new DLL file generated from Jenknis? Do you use synchronized folders to automatically add the new generated files to your project? Isn't the new file added to the package on the first build, but it is added on a second one?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
nitin.mishra

Hi,

a new dlls is generated when we a new project added to the solution. As a part of build process Jenkins generates new dll from project. its just a new file( with .dll extension).
Our problem is that AI is not adding new files.
how do I synchronized folders to automatically add the new generated files to your project ?
Eusebiu

Hi,

You can use the "Synchronize Folder" option to synchronize a folder from your project with a folder from the machine.

To achieve this, you can proceed as explained in the "Working with Synchronized Folders" article.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”