setsune

Group Box font color does not reflect value specified in options

I am using Advanced Installer V15.9 and ran into an issue. I created a new dialog with the Graphite theme active and added a group box, however, the font color is black and not white like I thought it would be. Is there some other setting that needs to be changed so the text is the color I specify? I have included screenshots:
AI_pic2.png
AI_pic2.png (21.87 KiB) Viewed 4720 times
AI_pic3.png
AI_pic3.png (109.82 KiB) Viewed 4720 times
belsonmarble

Re: Group Box font color does not reflect value specified in options

Did you check all the blacks, you may of marked the wrong one.
setsune

What do you mean by that? I don't see a black color selected anywhere. I apologize, I'm totally new at using the app.
belsonmarble

I am new too, but when you go to the themes text styles and go through all that list, look for other words associated to black as well and see if they change do they reflect your project.
setsune

Hi belsonmarble,

I changed all the other options to use white text and that did the trick. Thank you very much!
belsonmarble

Like I said I am new too and still learning, the application itself is wonderful, but once you start digging deeper it does get complex but holds a ton more information.
setsune

Hi belsonmarble,

I decided to do a bit of digging around in the theme text style settings for this issue since changing the remaining 2 non-white Text Styles also had the unwanted effect of changing the colors of other dialogs I was using. I did a bit of testing and changed the text style of DialogTitle and DlgFont8 to use white text, which did change the Group Box text to white, and then I went ahead and changed them back to their original colors (navy blue and black respectively), and the Group Box text remains white! I tested this on a completely different computer with a brand new advanced installer project and sure enough, simply changing those 2 to white and then back to their original values meant that the Group Box object text would change to white and remain white. Think this is a bug?
belsonmarble

Not sure, will have to wait for one of the team members to check.
Daniel

Hello,

To make sure your group box control uses the text style you defined in "Themes" page -> "Text Styles" tab, you should proceed like this:

1. go to "Dialogs" page and select the group box control
2. in the "Properties" right pane expand the "Text Style" option and select the desired text style
3. build and run your setup project

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”