belsonmarble

Re: stoping std. Widonws service firt, before executing installer. Then starting again as the very last action

Being new here myself, the last step sounds like a custom action that allows you to perform running a file.
Catalin

Re: stoping std. Widonws service firt, before executing installer. Then starting again as the very last action

Hello Belson,

I am not quite sure I understand your scenario here. Could you please give me some more details about what you want to achieve (maybe exemplify)?

If I understand correctly, you want to stop a service when the installation begins and then restart it when the installation ends? Please let me know if this is the case, otherwise please give me some more details.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
belsonmarble

How weird is this post, where is the rest of the posts from the other user that created the thread, this is not my thread, however I was replying to someone else. Odd!!!
Catalin

Hello Belson,

This is, indeed, strange. I have found this topic in the "Feature Requests" forum and I have moved it up here. However, it was a completely new topic, not a reply to an older topic. Probably, this is why I did not understand well what you wanted to mean, because the thread was totally out of context.

Please let me know if I can still assist you with something here.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”