hsc

Display a dialog based on component selection

Hi,

I am creating an installer which optionally installs 3rd party software. The 3rd party license requires me to display its copyright text during install.

I created a separate component for the 3rd party SW under "Organization", and added a ConfigureDlg, followed by a LicenseAgreementDlg. The ConfigureDlg magically displays the choice of components, and AI correctly installs the selected components only. The 3rd party license, however, is displayed no matter whether or not I install the 3rd party SW. How do I skip the license dialog when the related component is not installed?

Thanks
Hans
Catalin

Re: Display a dialog based on component selection

Hello Hans,

This can be achieved by using the "Show only if.." option. Here is how you can proceed in order to achieve what you want:

Just for the sake of the sample, let's consider that we have 3 features under "Organization" page: MainFeature, Feature, Feature1

Let's consider that we want to show a dialog based on the feature state (only if it will be installed - for instance we will use Feature1 for this).

- please go to "Dialogs" page, select the dialog that you want to display based on the feature state --> right click on it --> "Show only if"

- the condition can look something as it follows (for Feature1): (&Feature_1 = 3) AND NOT (!Feature_1 = 3)

The above condition can be translated to: The feature will be installed locally and the feature will not be reinstalled.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
hsc

Hi Catalin,

thank you very much! That does the trick, even when stepping back through the dialogs with the "< Back" buttons.

Hans
Catalin

You are always welcome, Hans.

Glad to help.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”