i.manuel

Synchronized Folder - Add new files to existing component

Hi

I have a synchronized folder containing our configuration. When adding a new file a new component is created, but I want the new file to be added to the existing component where the correct attributes are set.
In the synchronization-tab I ticked "Use folder's component", but that seems not to work. Or maybe I wasn't able to assign the folder to the component? On the Organisation page I can only assign files to a component, but not the folder itself.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks
Manuel
Catalin

Re: Synchronized Folder - Add new files to existing component

Hello Manuel and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

This may happen if, at first, you have chosen the "Create a new component" option from the "Component Options" section.

Indeed, by choosing that option, a new component will be created for each file you add in your synchronized folder.

Could you please remove the synchronized folder from your project and then re-add it, but now by using the "Use folder's component. Except for these extensions:" option instead?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
i.manuel

Thanks for your answer!

My issue was, that I changed the "Feature" in the Synchronized-tab which caused a new component to be created in the selected feature when adding files to the folder. This component is updated as expected, when new files are added to the folder. What confused me was, that I expected that the old component (which was created when I initially added the unsynchronized folder) would be used, which I previously moved into the feature by hand.
Catalin

You are always welcome, Manuel.

Glad I could help.

Please let me know if there is anything else I could help you with and I will be glad to assist.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”