stuie_m

Multiple Instances and ApplicationName

Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi All,

I have an installer that uses the 'Generate instances at installation time' feature. This seems to work fine, in that I can have install separate versions of my web application in separate folders; as separate sites and application pools. Great!

The issues I'm facing are when I install multiple instances, the ApplicationName property changes to the instance name I give it which is contained in INSTNAME_EDIT_PROP. What I wanted to do was have my apps named 'Online App (default), Online App (Customer A), Online App (Customer B). But instead I get Online App, Customer A, Customer B; if that worked then great. However, ideally I can see if you create individual instances the ProductName property gets set to ProductName = [|ProductName] [|InstanceId]. So, is there a way to use the 'Generate instances at installation time' feature but also being able to set ProductName = [|ProductName] ([|InstanceId])?

I'm evaluating this application at the moment for our inernal and external deployments, so sorry if I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Stuart.

Daniel

Re: Multiple Instances and ApplicationName

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:27 am

Hello Stuart and welcome to our forums,

Unfortunately we do not have support to set a default format for the ProductName used by multiple instances when the "Generate instances at installation time" option is used. I have forwarded your suggestion to our development team and maybe they will consider such improvement in the future too.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”