claudenoel

Loading project - Validating components... forever!

I created a new project using the repackaging option. I got a huge 92 megs aip file. Everythig went fine. I started to epurate some registry entries, saving my aip file from time to time. Finally, I closed the project. Now, I want to go back to my project to continue my work but it keeps loading at "Validating components..." step. It is in that step for more than 2 hours right now and I'm very afraid that I lost everything I did (I worked a full day to create that package!).
I'm going for the weekend so I'll let it run (it shows using about 50% CPU so it looks like it works). However, what should I do if it doesn't load? Or what should I do to speed-up the loading of this particular file? Any option to bypass that step? I can't wait so long each time I'll had to modify it :(
Eusebiu

Re: Loading project - Validating components... forever!

Hi,

I apologize for the late reply.

Have you been able to open your project? Does the loading problem happen every time you try to open it? If so, can you send your project to us to support at advancedinstaller dot com, so we can investigate it? You may be able to upload it on a server and send the download link to us, because a 92MB file is too large to be attached to the email.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Henchman24

I'm having this exact issue. We've never experienced this before and suddenly we are.
Catalin

Hello,

Unfortunately, I can not say for sure why this happens.

Did you manage to open your project in the end or it never got past the "Validating components" step?

Also, does this issue reproduces constantly? Or is it specific to one .AIP file only?

If possible, could you please upload your .AIP file on a server and forward us a download link for it at our e-mail address: support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can try to further investigate this?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Henchman24

This seems to happen on our VM that we create our installers from via Azure DevOps.

I'll send my .aip file to you.
Henchman24

Nevermind... I figured it out!
Catalin

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this.

I am glad you figured this out!

Please let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”