jusher

Problems with 32 bit version of AI projects

I sent this to Dan Radu on Saturday (I need it sorting out asap): -

Hi,

There is a problem with conversion of the files contained in the zip file attached.

There are 3 files the one starting with "JU" installs without a problem if it is built with AI Version 15.5.1

183AIVersion6Rationalisation32.aip is a translation from Ai Version 15.5.1 to Version 16.0, this hangs when I click next to server input dialog where there is a TESTODBCConnection.

183AIVersion6Rationalisation32.aip.back is the above without translation which if built with 15.5.11 will install as with the first one mentioned as " JU" above.

You already have all of our dialogs.

Can you analyse these as I cannot see what the problem might be. This is 32 bit versions all of the 64 bit versions are working when built with 16.0.

It is also telling me that our support contract is about to expire and I am taking steps to rectify this.

Regards,
John
Attachments
TOAI.zip
(58.78 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
jusher

Re: Problems with 32 bit version of AI projects

I have retried to produce a log but this doesn't show anything to do with the problem.
At the time of 'hanging' it is trying an ODBC operation i.e. ODBC is present in the task list
and a dialog box is shown that indicates it is trying to connect.
I have included log but can't see it will help.

Regards,
John
Attachments
JU.log
(6.53 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Eusebiu

Hi John,

I tested the scenario on your project, but I couldn't reproduce the problem. In case the connection fails a connection timeout message is displayed after 15 seconds. Can you reproduce this problem on multiple clean machines?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jusher

Hi,

Yes the problem happens on 32 bit machines. Windows Server 20003 R2 to be specific.
There is no message coming out about the timeout it just hangs on the 'connecting' window.
As I say if I rebuild using 5.5.1 it works ok.

Regards,
John
Eusebiu

Hi John,

Indeed, the packages created with Advanced Installer 16.0 do not work on Windows Server 2003. Advanced Installer 15.9 is the last version that can be used to create MSI or EXE packages that run on Windows XP SP3 and Windows Server 2003 as it is mentioned on our requirements page.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
jusher

Thank you.

John
Eusebiu

You're welcome John.

If you encounter other problems, just let us know.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Common Problems”