rafizan46

The setup must update files or services that cannot be updated while the system is running. If you choose to bla..bla..

This message box comes up..."The setup must update files or services that cannot be updated while the system is running. If you choose to continue, a reboot will be required to complete the setup." There is a "OK", and a "Cancel button. You would think that if you said OK, that at the end of the install, a reboot prompt would come up...it does not. How do i get rid of this? Help :cry:
Catalin

Re: The setup must update files or services that cannot be updated while the system is running. If you choose to bla..b

Hello,

This dialog also has two options:

1. Automatically close applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete

2. Do not close applications (a reboot will be required)

In order for the reboot prompt to be spawned, you have to choose the second option.

Did you choose the second option and the reboot prompt did not come up?

Also, in the ListBox control, you can see the applications that keeps the files that need to be updated in use. You can try to close those applications before doing the upgrade and the message should no longer appear.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
rafizan46

Re: The setup must update files or services that cannot be updated while the system is running. If you choose to bla..b

Oh, its ok, my problem solved. Its because Steam.exe running in background. So, i make a stop process on Wizard dialog stage. Tq
Daniel

Thank you for your follow up on this.

We are glad you got this working.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”