lynnepv

Force upper-case for serial entry

Is there any way to force upper-case entry (enable Shift) for a serial number in the Professional 'flavor' of AI? I have ???-???-???? set. I have a custom serial number validator and can change the entry to upper case there, but I would like to have the user see exactly what they type. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Catalin

Re: Force upper-case for serial entry

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

From what I see, by "custom serial number validator", I am assuming that you are using the "User defined validation" method, am I right?

If so, I am thinking that you can maybe impose this condition from within the .DLL file itself.

If that is not the case, could you please give me some more details about what you meant? For instance, you could attach some screenshot so I can better understand your scenario.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
lynnepv

Yes, I can process the entered serial as upper case in the validation DLL. My question was whether it could be done in the User Registration dialog as the user typed instead. There's a mask for digit and a mask for digit/character, I wanted to know whether the mask could be set for upper case as well.
Catalin

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to do that as for this moment. The Windows Installer does not support that.

However, I have added an improvement on our TODO list in what regards this and our "Enhanced User Interface" support and hopefully this will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for your suggestion.

I will update this thread as soon as the improvement will be implemented.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
lynnepv

Ok, thanks for putting on the list!
Catalin

You are always welcome.

Best regards,
Catalin