flycast

Installer not recognizing prerequisites

I built my installer and it requires that four prerequisites are installed. One of the prerequisites in .NET framework 4.7.2. When I run my installer the installer is not seeing that two of the prerequisites are already installed.

What am I doing wrong? First time using Advanced Installer by the way.
Catalin

Re: Installer not recognizing prerequisites

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

This most probably happens due to a wrong install condition.

Every prerequisite has one or more install condition(s). You can find these by going to "Prerequisites" page --> "Install Conditions" tab --> "Install Conditions" section.

These conditions are evaluated twice:

1. First time, the condition must be evaluated as false. This condition is evaluated before the prerequisite is installed and, if the condition is false, it means that the prerequisite is not installed ==> the setup will install the prerequisite.

2. Second time, the condition must be evaluated as true. The second time, the condition is evaluated after the prerequisite is installed. If the condition is true, it means that the prerequisite was correctly installed.

With that being said, could you please check the install condition of your prerequisite? If the condition is false, it means that the prerequisite has to be installed.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”