elou

Multi-instanz issues

Hello,
I am actually trying to make usage of Multi-Instances for my IIS package.
I am encountering some problems:
  • When I am starting a newer version of my installer I can only update older instances and not installing a new instance of the new version. This is only possible when one of my instances has been upgraded.
  • When an instance has been upgraded, the msi file has been removed and no further upgrade is possible, even if "Do not delete extracted MSI and CAB files" has been selected.
    missing-msi.PNG
    missing-msi.PNG (23.48 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
Do I missing something?
Regards, Éric.
Eusebiu

Re: Multi-instanz issues

Hi Éric,

Some of the multiple instances problems were solved in the 16.1 version of Advanced Installer. Did you test this version?
When I am starting a newer version of my installer I can only update older instances and not installing a new instance of the new version. This is only possible when one of my instances has been upgraded.
Please keep in mind that if the "Build major upgrades for multiple instances" option is not used, the main instances must always be upgraded first before being able to install or upgrade to a new version.
When an instance has been upgraded, the msi file has been removed and no further upgrade is possible, even if "Do not delete extracted MSI and CAB files" has been selected.
Please read the "Upgrading Instances using "Generate instances at installation time"" thread which contains the solution for this problem.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”