engin

CheckExistingTargetPath control event not working!

I'm preparing two installers using Advanced Installer. In both of them I add the CheckExistingTargetPath control event on Next button to check the users input is an existing folder.

In the first installer it works perfect but in the second installer it does not. When i add the the control event to the Next button, the button does nothing during installation. Not checking the folder(and showing any message dialog) and not showing the next dialog.

I check the logs but does not see anything that attracts my attention! The only difference is that the working project log has the `Dialog created` lines in the log but the other has not.

I attached the verbose logs.

I would be grateful if you could help.
Attachments
ICInt.log
(220.49 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
ICApp.log
(187.24 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
engin

Re: CheckExistingTargetPath control event not working!

Hi again,

After some deeply comparison of the files i figure out the "caphyon.advinst.msicomp.BuildComponent" component has a key as below.
<ROW BuildKey="DefaultBuild" ... ExtUI="true" ... />

When I removed the the ExtUI="true" all gone well.

I think i can change that configuration using "Themes Page > Settings Tab". I don't know what actually Enhanced UI is but i will investigate it.
Eusebiu

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

I tested the scenario and, indeed, I reproduced the problem. This seems to be an Advanced Installer issue. A fix will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

And yes, the "ExtUI="true"" attribute is related to the Enhanced User Interface feature from the "Themes" page, "Settings" tab.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Catalin

Hello,

This has been fixed version 17.2 of Advanced Installer, released on June 30th, 2020.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”